Technorati blog directory

Sunday, January 15, 2006

 
Letter to all Democratic Senators....

Dear Democratic Senator:
I have written to a few areas of interest, with my opinion on how I have taken in the recent hearings. It is important to me, that when it comes time to add my voice, for local and national elections, that I actually have a place in the process. My message to you and the other Democratic Senators that I will write, is to do better homework. Your party has just about lost the pulse of the people who could help turn the tide in 2006 elections. Senator Clinton has always been on my and my daughters radar for eventual presidency, since her time as first lady. It is not a party pleasing initiative at all. It is a person of substance that can stimulate thought and action in a mass effort for mass well being. When Senator Clinton speaks, when Mrs. Clinton spoke - I was paying attention. I believed, a decade ago that Senator Clinton was the person who could do the job put before her. Unfortunately, no one else has made it passed my litmus test, nationally and very, very few locally.
Respectfully,
*****
PS... If your party wants to pull in every undecided voter or sway a voter to your party...your colleagues also need to have more user friendly websites, allowing other state citizens to write, too. The Republican party have an abundance of user un-friendly websites to non-constituents - they are the majority. The Democratic party needs to unlock their websites to all interested individuals across the nation, in order to survey what the people are feeling, believing and thinking.
Why not advertise this publicly - if this step is taken. Thank you.


Letter to Senator Kennedy 1/13/2006...
Dear Senator Kennedy,
I have watched some of the Supreme Court Justice confirmation hearings. Haven't been impressed too much with the activity and was disappointed that the nominee didn't seem to have any real concrete opinions as to how he would approach any case. Not an opinion on how he would rule, but where was the substance to his answers. Since the panel of senators decided to eat up most the time with talk, also no substance, I am left with one alarming impression about the nominee. That is his membership into an exclusive club from his college days.
I try to find balance in those that may appear to hold views that do not support equality. I cannot find that balance if the questions are not answered. Or, maybe this televised hearing is not for the benefit of the public either? Similar to the CEO oil hearings, in that there was a lot of noise, but nothing of value said.
I am not in favor of a Supreme Court Justice being nominated solely because a party wishes it. Nor, does the lack of age, lack of wisdom through age and infancy in life experience speak well for the highest most senior court in our nation.
Since these qualities of the nominee are absent, I can only assume that this arm of our government will fall into eventual decay, too. Thank you.


Letter to Organizations and Newspapers 1/14/2006 & 1/15/2006...
To Whom It May Concern:
When it comes time to getting out the vote, I thought it a good idea to share my tiny observation about how the elected public officials appear to me. It may just be me who is left with an increased unsettled feeling about the recent hearing for nominating a Supreme Court Justice. When I wrote to Senator Kennedy the other day, It was out of an element of frustration. Beating a dead horse to a bloody pulp, over something that wasn't going to magically add life to a party agenda initiative, made me grimace. The very few panel members who exercised dignified sound judgment, were completely over shadowed by a show of confusing grand standing -- both sides, that I now just shorten to POD - politically obscure dashboarders.

Every time C-SPAN shows a hearing of any kind, I am more inclined to peek in on how our elected officials are conducting themselves. Are they using their elected positions to do the peoples bidding? Are they educating the people, through each item presented? Are they impassioned, soap boxing, intense and deliberative - in their attempt to sway opposition of any kind? That's what I always hope for, when they are on the floor of the senate. When Senators take a seat on a panel, I expect something a bit different. Decorum, yet savvy. Polite, yet tenacious. Intelligent, yet commonsensible, independent, yet communal. And equally important; consistory, yet truthful.

C-SPAN has censored some of -- possibly the best -- public servant interactions this country should've witnessed. Senator Clinton being brought to the heights of a floor battle when fighting for a Hurricane Katrina relief bill and the Senator from Ohio, who caused a stampede on the senate floor. The hearings, however, show that it is difficult for a majority of elected officials (both major party members) to discern which manner of style they should use and where they should use it. Instead, we get an odd string of hearings that persecute survivors from New Orleans and soft pat big business. I truly feel embarrassed for every Senator who sat on this panel, too. Thank you for your time and attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google