Technorati blog directory

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Katrina's American Angels - KATRINA.COM

 
I've posted a few stories from people who posted on KATRINA.COM. These are real stories by people who survived the devestatation of Hurricane Katrina and the breech of the levee's in 2005. This Christmas, give to one of the families or individuals who need a lending hand. Thank you.


HELP GIVE CHRISTMAS......


ID # 0808-154: Details of my Experience: I've been through hurricane Katrina put my life back together then came gusto took away my job I'm looking for another right now I'm fighting to receive my unemployment that has been at least 12 weeks that they owe me a can't afford to buy my kids anything for Christmas my bills are behind so if i try to pay them next month my kids will not have a good Christmas I'm currently living in baton rouge, a trying to make a good holiday for my kids


ID # 0808-103: Details of my Experience: Katrina damaged our Home I had all of the material to fix it with but now some of the material has gone bad because my husband works six and seven days a week and I can only due so much by myself I need help repairing my home mostly labor help and some material. I will help do any labor that needs to be done and I will help buy all of the material that I can. I would just like to get home out of this FEMA trailer PLEASE HELP US GET HOME!


ID # 0808-104: Details of my Experience: Lost Everything in Hurricane Katrina and Rita. They currently are living with their grandson John in Tampa, Florida. Mr ________ is their caregiver and has provided them with everything they needed to start over. He really deserves a vacation and an award.


ID # 0808-110: Details of my Experience: MY DISASTER EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN VERY STRESSFUL. I WAS EMPLOYED FOR THE STATE OF LA AT THE TIME OF THE HURRICANES BUT NOW I SETTLED FOR A WAREHOUSE JOB. I AM UNDER DEEP DEPRESSION DUE TO ALL OF THIS. MY FAMILY MEMBERS WERE ALL SCATTERED AND I DO MAKE VISITS BUT I AM UNABLE TO GO NOW. EVEN THOUGH I MADE VISITS IT IS SO DEPRESS TO GO THERE. I WAS ABLE TO GET AROUND, ASSIST MY CHILDREN, WORK AT A BETTER ENVIRONMENT BUT NOW I AM BLESS TO BE WORKING BUT THE BILLS ARE OVERWHELMING TO WHERE I CANNOT BUY FOR ME NOR MY GRAND DAUGHTER.


ID # 0808-112: Details of my Experience: I am a survivor and have been trying to adjust to living in a city where I feel not wanted and so far away from home. I would love to go home but facing reality it would not be smart look at the cost of living and schools and jobs, the list goes on. I don't need much assistance just a little bit. I am not trying to get much but things such as a job after I give birth to my son or a reliable stay at home job that will enable me to watch my baby myself. I don't really trust anyone in Texas to watch him because their are so many individuals that hurt babies and I just can't take that chance. I have a eight year old daughter and being doing my best with my husband that has been discriminated against and for that reason he has been between jobs and we have been struggling for far too long. I have faith in God and really believe we are coming threw a break threw it just seems as if we keep moving backwards and not forwards. I appreciate whatever can be assisted with but since I am 8 moths pregnant I can't exactly go get a job but I would be glad to have a job not to mention help with work on my vehicle last a reliable babysitter that when I do go to work I will not have that to worry about getting a phone call that will say he has been harmed. My daughter is old enough to tell me if someone hurts her but my son won't be therefore I am just worried. Thank You for any assistance.
Link Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google