Technorati blog directory

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My New Favorite Ms. Sister... Jo Freeman ~ We Will Be Heard

 


New Book ~ We Will Be Heard: Women's Struggles for Political Power in the United States by Jo Freeman

Link to check out Snapshots of History and Memory BY Jo Freeman

Indians End Longest Walk in Washington DC on July 15, 1978

"Leading the supporters was a group of Japanese Buddhists"


The Civil Rights Vigil at the 1964 Democratic Convention


WITCHes at the University of Chicago prepare for a hex.

I recently discovered Jo Freeman when I was researching information for my last post. I haven't had enough time to linger at her website, not yet. I haven't had a chance to go to Barnes & Noble to buy one of her books. I know that she is an excellent story teller. How do I know this? Because I've read some her writing about Shirley Chisholm and about the Democratic National Conventions.

It only takes seconds to grasp Good. It only takes a minute to grab Great. And then all of a sudden an hour flies past Fantastic.

I love her style of writing! I love her clarity and I love her gifted ability to write words that sketch images of what the scene might look like. I love that her writing prompted me to wonder what people must've really felt like at that moment. I just added Jo Freeman to my list of "Sisters." I cannot wait to read more history through her eyes and get lost somewhere between the inspiring and the awe struck.



My new Sister Hero...Jo Freeman!



Code Pink

Indications of something brewing at Denver Protests by Jim at Irregular Times 13th, 2008

Link Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google