Technorati blog directory

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Inertia

 
GOP Senator Suggests Move Would Prod Iraq Warner Calls for Pullouts By Winter By Peter Baker and Jonathan Weisman Washington Post Staff Writers Friday, August 24, 2007 "begin withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq in time for Christmas" "At his Capitol Hill news conference, Warner, a former Navy secretary and Senate Armed Services Committee chairman, threw Bush's own words back at him by noting that the president has said the U.S. commitment in Iraq must not be "open-ended."

Now that Rabid Rove will be moving on to other dark desperate corners of the raptured GOP political asylum, bush is trying out his own blessed brand of what a dictator might say when attempting to create a new campaign of occupation, invasion, murder, killing and a whole bunch of other things that a dictator would need to -- say -- prolong a hideously corrupt corporate venture under the guise of military might.

The other day I walked in the door to greet my husband and our four legged babies, kisses hello for everybody as always. Then I asked my husband if he heard what bush (using my favorite word in place of the bush name) said about Vietnam?

My honey, being a Vietnam Vet and a lover of history, might have a good solid opinion, one that I can put stock in, I thought. This subject 'Veitnam' is something he never initiates, ever. Only when someone in the family or maybe another Vet brings it up, he may then share a piece of a memory.

His ship was the USS Yorktown. For some reason, even though I've heard all the stories over the last 20 years, I seem to have a block when it comes to remembering pieces of his stories.

I think its because I am a selective Pacifist and recall things my husband has told me about that time in his life, when it suits me. I cannot figure out why I don't retain any of the actual war dates, missions and so forth, except that I think it is too horrible to store in my peace loving pacifist brain.

He's never told me anything gory or named a specific mission...mostly frames of time, a hodge podge of individual experiences and all you would want to know about the ship he was on.

I was actually a little girl of about 5 or 6 years old when my husband went to Vietnam. That's too perverted to even discuss. We met when I was 28 years old. But when my husband talks about his sailor suit wearing days, he talks as though I was the same age...things like "do you remember when...?" irritate me now.

I just look at him with a scowl and remind him that I was only a little girl and 'No' I don't remember. I often poke fun at him for doing that, especially because he's trying to make me older than I really am! Hello...husbands should never make their wives older.

What I do remember is the sea of sailors everywhere my family and I went. Being on the West Coast meant lots and lots of military roaming around at that time, always in their uniforms. Walking, riding the Greyhound bus, at the parks and just about everywhere a person looked.

We only had one close relative in the ROTC and that was it. Otherwise every male was either too old or too young to enlist or to be drafted.

Probably the first time I actually sat and had a conversation with anyone related to Vietnam was the brother of an army soldier, when I was 15 years old. His much older brother had an experience that sounded like a war movie, so horrible that I immediately changed the subject.

That man was the big brother of my friend, drank like a fish and was so tortured that ultimately his life ended violently at the hands of his own grown son. No more on that, its too awful.

My husband said he had heard something on WCCO, but that he didn't pay attention and he probably won't seek out anything that bush said either. I know how disappointed he is in this "pretending to be a president, but really a lunatic dictator," so I don't push it.

I may nag him about other things and he may nag me back (he's the best nag I know), but one place I never put up for debate, is my husbands real life experience in Vietnam.

It belongs to him and the others who were compelled to go, the memories both bad and good. If he wants to share, I'll always listen. But I can't promise that I'll remember everything he tells me, because it is a place that I never have wanted to go.

"I am a pacifist after all."


Crooks and Liars Ari Fleischer Is One "pathetic this guy doesn’t even know the guys name who he is exploiting in the commercial said #9 mister mix" AND "#14 tx bubba said: Germany declared war on the U.S. on Dec. 11, 1941. But earlier on Sept 11, 1941, FDR explained how Germany had attacked the clearly American-flagged Greer and threatened German and Italian ships if they entered American waters. Bush isn’t the only conservative who doesn’t know history" By John Amato on Thursday August 23rd, 2007

Find Emails, MySpace Profiles of Employees of High Profile Groups .Common Sense

Vietnam Vets on Bush's Speech Bush's Vietnam-Iraq analogy had some vets in the audience shaking their heads. posted 08-23-07 .Common Sense

.Common Sense All I Could Find Was Article on Comments "Like our enemies in the past, the terrorists who wage war in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places seek to spread a political vision of their own, a harsh plan for life that crushes all freedom, tolerance and dissent."

"Hmm, is he really thinking about terrorists or his own administration?" by .Common Sense

Libral Revolt ......438 DAYS UNTIL THE NEXT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION President compares Iraq to Vietnam Thursday August 23, 2007 Flashback to 2004.....

Hardball& Bush Administration Aug 23, 2007 "Okay, now, stay with me as I try to take you thru Bush’s Logic." Where's The Outrage

C2NN Oh, the Hypocrisy! "BUSH has the NERVE to say we should STAY in Iraq fighting for him & his cronies who are getting rich off this hellhole of misery by pointing out the misery of the Vietnamese left behind." LOT'S of COMMENTS on this one.....

Nets Declare Bush's Vietnam Lesson Hypocritical and Invalid, Only ABC Shows Skulls August 22, 2007 By Brent Baker NewsBusters


From DownWithTyranny.....
Thursday, August 23, 2007

Vladimir Putin: U.S. Wants To Dominate The World By: Logan Murphy on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 Crooks and Liars "accused Washington on Saturday of attempting to force its will on the world."



Link Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google