Technorati blog directory

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Brave Cindy Sheehan Made A Point from Pain....

 

Impeach 07










Cindy Sheehan will forever be a symbol of Moms everywhere. She is the Main Street Mom from anywhere USA.

Her face wears the look of 'Mom' like a badge of honor, and her tireless efforts to vindicate the death of her child were noticed, acknowledged and heart felt all over the world.

She took the pain of loss of her child and softly lay a warm blanket over all the soldier children who have died.

Soldier children whose parents felt isolated and fixed to one spot in their lives...a spot that held a memory of when their child was alive and laughing. And a spot that wrenched their heart when that child fell down and skinned their knee and cried.

The heart wrenching pain of losing a soldier child to a soldier death cannot be equated to anything on this earth, it can't be measured. Cindy Sheehan gave us the faces of the parents and the faces of the fallen.

She kept the news makers on their toes...so we might be reminded. Reminded that the sacrifices have been so great, that we are not allowed to know or see the returning dead soldiers. The news doesn't cover the stories of countless families who are mourning their loved one loss every single day.

Cindy Sheehan took her voice to congress, so that all of congress could have the benefit of learning through her pain. There weren't many in congress who would ever have the experience that Cindy Sheehan had, they all needed to listen to her, even Hillary Clinton.

I grew to admire Cindy. I even thought of her fight as my fight every time I wrote a letter or signed a petition to end the Occupation in Iraq. I wanted to be a Sheehanista!

She was the life light, literally leading the way for many citizens who were slowly waking up to our clear and present danger.

The time for rest and recuperation is well deserved. But I hope that Cindy, the Mom of Casey, the Rebel, the Democracy Maker, the Voice of Reason, the Heart of Peace...will come back to us.

It was an honor to know about you and a privilege to learn from you. I miss you already!

CINDY SHEEHAN MAVERICK of the YEAR Rolling Stone DEANNE STILLMAN Posted Dec 15, 2005 "I buried my oldest child. If they think that twisting my words or lying about me can hurt me, they underestimated a mother who lost her son. There's nothing much else you can do to hurt me."

Sheehan Quits as Face of US Anti-War Fight By Juxtablog May 29, 2007 "This is my resignation letter as the “face” of the American anti-war movement. This is not my “Checkers” moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America … you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

It’s up to you now."


“We Will Leave Iraq with All our Dreams in Pieces”
By Siun at FDL "While some families try to leave Iraq, one father from Basrah is attempting to get justice from the British government for the death of his son, Baha Mousa."



AfterDowningStreet -- The “Cloud” over Dick Cheney Just Got Darker! Posted By War Is Hell Monday, June 18, 2007 “It is an extraordinary subversion of the [U.S.] Constitution to send people to die...on the basis of a lie.” - Elizabeth Holtzman

Link Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google