Technorati blog directory

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Oh yes I am wise....Hillary's Song

 

NOLA Clinton calls rebuilding New Orleans an 'American obligation By BECKY BOHRER The Associated Press "If talk, bureaucracy and promises were enough, we would've rebuilt New Orleans three times over by now," the New York senator said to applause from the crowd gathered beneath the oak trees on the campus of the historically black college."

Clinton: `Obligation' to Aid New Orleans By BECKY BOHRER Associated Press Writer The Guardian Saturday May 19, 2007 5:16 PM "NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Saturday that rebuilding New Orleans is an ``American obligation'' the Bush administration has not met since Hurricane Katrina struck."

Clinton Offers Steps to Ease Hurricane Aid By PATRICK HEALY Published: May 19, 2007 The New York Times "After touring empty homes that still bear the scars of Hurricane Katrina, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday that bureaucratic red tape was “strangling people” trying to rebuild here, and proposed steps to speed money to current and former residents of the city."

Dear _______,

Hillary needs your help. We've been working on an important issue -- the kind that can make or break a campaign. And your input is absolutely critical to ensuring that we make the right decision.

That's right -- we're picking our campaign song.




My pick is "I am Woman" by Helen Reddy
Add some bass to the chorus and ta daaa....


Hillary's Song....

Song Facts I Am Woman by Helen Reddy
Album: I Am Woman
Date: 1972
U.S. Chart: 1


Comments:
Helen also pushed some buttons with religious conservatives when she won the Best Female Pop Vocal Grammy in 1973 for "I Am Woman" and, in her acceptance speech, made it a point to thank God "because She makes all things possible."
- Chris, Saline, MI


For the new version used in the movie, the arrangement was changed, as were some lyrics ("I can face anything" became "I can do anything"), and a verse was added.

This went to #1 in the US upon release. The song divided the nation as women loved the song and men despised it. (thanks, Brad Wind - Miami, FL, for all above

We've got a great selection up in an interactive poll on our website, with artists like Shania Twain, U2, KT Tunstall, the Dixie Chicks, and more. Visit the site, listen to the songs, and make your choice. Or you can suggest one of your own.

Hillary's Song

Thanks for participating. And don't miss Hillary's announcement of the song contest on YouTube -- you won't want to miss it. Trust me.


Patti Solis Doyle
Campaign Manager
Hillary for President

The Draft Hillary Clinton For President

I played my little 45 rpm on my little record player, wearing out the needle so many times....because

I LOVED this song as a young girl.

Hillary's Song Is History Being Told for the First Woman President..."I Am Woman" is the perfect story song for Hillary......this song gave preteen, teenaged and young women a "Charge" song in the face of on going attitudes about what women could and couldn't do, what women were being told they could and couldn't do and how women should and shouldn't act.

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back and pretend
'Cuz I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Chorus:
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
'Cuz it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'Cuz you've deepened the conviction in my soul

Chorus

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long long way to go
Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to I can face anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman
Oh, I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong

(fade)
I am woman
I am invincible
I am strong
I am woman




Thanks to my sewing teacher for giving me an 'F' on my seersucker elephant pants, just because I defied you and machine sewed my hem anyway. Got lot's of compliments! I loved those pants!

Thanks to my Math Teacher Mr. __________, who told me to give up on math as I was struggling with second year Algebra. Still have math phobia, which led to test phobia.

My biggest regret was how boring I thought Science class was, Sorry Mrs. ________
at North Junior High School, for not getting it. I still don't get Science. but believe in its importance.

Thanks to my music teachers -- All -- for tolerating my tone deaf voice, in public.

I've achieved some things in my life that I would have never ventured to try, if someone out there didn't think I should give it up. Lighting a fire under me, were those individuals that believed I should give up an idea, instead of sharing alternative ways to approach a goal.

My experience helped me to help my children in their formative years, to always look for an alternative way leading to a goal, when the direct path appeared to be littered with another persons / groups attitude and perception.






Link Link
Google