Technorati blog directory

Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Choice ~ My Body ~ My Right

 

This is the best time to also add that Planned Parenthood clinics offer women of all ages safe medical care for necessary routine female checkups. When a woman has no health care coverage, as I did not have in 1989 and early 1990s, Planned Parenthood provided me the medical exams and screening that I needed.

A sliding fee was offered at a nominal fee so that I could have the basic female exam. I didn't need birth control because I was not at risk of becoming pregnant. I felt fortunate that I could go to Planned Parenthood without worrying about whether I could afford something as basic as a gynecological exam. They made it possible for me to have the routine exam that I needed and I in return felt a sense of comfort knowing that the doctors at the clinic were well trained in women's medicine.

When I considered going to the clinic it had been several years sense my last check up. Even with health care when in my twenties, I had a tendency to not go to the doctor for female check ups. Every penny I had would go towards family needs and that was pretty stupid of me, wasn't I part of my family needs? In my twenties I had very good health care coverage and into my thirties I either had no health care coverage, very restrictive health care, or very poor coverage. Now in my forties, my health care coverage stories are for another time and another post.

If every woman knew that Planned Parenthood was for their benefit alone, then more women might take the step to have their needs met quicker. Did you know that Planned Parenthood serves women of all ages and for many different female needs?

April 22, 2007 OpEdNews
New York-- The Buck Stops Here: Reflections on the Rule or Law and our Election System By Andi Novick
"And then, as I returned home from Court having put aside my thoughts about the dumbing down of America and those 5 old men on the bench who should have been humiliated, I read with horror how far we'd really fallen. Gonzales v. Planned Parenthood and Gonzales v. Carhart; five more men, two of them hand-picked by the loser – in disregard of science and legal precedence, issued a decision which defies common sense and established law and confirms Justice Stevens' dissent in Gore v Bush."

04/20/2007 San Jose Mercury News
Women's health again held hostage to men's ideology -- SUPREME COURT ELBOWS ASIDE THE JUDGMENT OF OBSTETRICIANS By Ellen Goodman

Thursday April 19, 2007 Guardian Unlimited By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS Associated Press Writer Abortion Ruling Emboldens Opponents

Abortion rights champions expressed alarm at that prospect.
"The court has given anti-choice state lawmakers the green light to open the flood gates and launch additional attacks on safe, legal abortion, without any regard for women's health,'' said Nancy Keenan, the president of NARAL Pro-Choice America."

Thursday, April 19, 2007 The Passionate Center (leaning to the Left)
Partial Birth Injustice

Monday, January 22, 2007 My Choice, My Body - 34th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
Link Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google