Technorati blog directory

Friday, November 03, 2006

REMEMBERING IX - VOICE IN & VOTE OUT!

 
HAD ENOUGH * HAD ENOUGH * HAD ENOUGH

Letter to Organizations and Newspapers 1/14/2006 & 1/15/2006...
To Whom It May Concern:
When it comes time to getting out the vote, I thought it a good idea to share my tiny observation about how the elected public officials appear to me. It may just be me who is left with an increased unsettled feeling about the recent hearing for nominating a Supreme Court Justice. When I wrote to Senator Kennedy the other day, It was out of an element of frustration. Beating a dead horse to a bloody pulp, over something that wasn't going to magically add life to a party agenda initiative, made me grimace. The very few panel members who exercised dignified sound judgment, were completely over shadowed by a show of confusing grand standing -- both sides, that I now just shorten to POD - politically obscure dashboarders.

Every time C-SPAN shows a hearing of any kind, I am more inclined to peek in on how our elected officials are conducting themselves. Are they using their elected positions to do the peoples bidding? Are they educating the people, through each item presented? Are they impassioned, soap boxing, intense and deliberative - in their attempt to sway opposition of any kind? That's what I always hope for, when they are on the floor of the senate. When Senators take a seat on a panel, I expect something a bit different. Decorum, yet savvy. Polite, yet tenacious. Intelligent, yet commonsensible, independent, yet communal. And equally important; consistory, yet truthful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google