Technorati blog directory

Saturday, October 14, 2006

~ REMEMBERING VI ~ Had Enough!

 
Friday, October 13, 2006 - Washington Post In Key Races, Democrats Look at Rivals' Personal Lives By Jim VandeHei



10/2/05 sent to Democratic and Republican Party, The White House, Senator Clinton and Governor Blanco. Small as it is, I just wanted to add a voice of concern and observation to my neighbors in the south.

I am not affiliated with any political party, not for years. I vote based on character of action in a candidate - for public related issues and a track record of proven citizen and commerce resolve. A change agent that doesn't discount the role of any one resident. Recently, I discovered that my municipality decided that any tax increase they impose on us (average workers - average neighborhoods) is considered an exclusive business matter, not to include the full participation of voters through a vote.

Governor Ventura was a shaker and mover for Minnesota. A major public official I voted for because he had the ability to keep the public eye on every movement of our state government. He did a very good job for Brooklyn Park, MN as Mayor. He made people sit up and notice, he got people talking about what mattered to them, what impassioned them as an individual and as a group.

I am slowly getting my baring back after completely unplugging from anything political in 2004. Now getting ready and beginning to watch for up and coming candidates in the 2006 state elections. Sadly being forced as a last resort to 'not vote in,' but to 'vote out' of office. I avoided doing this in 2004 by not going to the polls, it felt depressing and went against my nature to find a needle in a hay stack if no other options available. I couldn't do it. But now I will. The Minnesota State government shutdown and special session (at tax payer cost) struck a nerve and got me leaning forward.

Thus far, no party has yet to capture my undivided interest or attention. I watched the before and after Minnesota State shut down and special session, I see both the Democratic and Republican party(s) filled with elected people who just can't get their job done And watch out for the little people. People who were once considered the American backbone to a working economy. Newest disregard is the dissolve of the Davis Bacon Act.

For those that are trying to stay effectively connected to the public, are rocking the boat, are taking a stand, are including their citizen base in important decisions, I will then exercise my right to vote. I hope to find them by the time the next election comes up.

I have always been a proud contributor to my state tax system. That was because, I knew where it was going. For the last several years money has been shifted away from designated points that public efforts through public support created, but then is deposited in a general fund for something else. My state was a place that planned well ahead, created safetynets and cared about all residents and their quality of life. Always lent a hand to help up, using basic elements of compassion, common sense and courtesy to restore purpose of dignity and respect.

It is the people on the hill that I am concerned about, as a tax payer and a humanitarian. We the tax payers are also the consumers and I want to know that people, average gulf coast citizens, can rebuild their lives by getting a fair and honest shake from Congress, not a shake down. I apologize for the harsh tone of my letter, but I can't seem to find the right words not fueled by heartache, frustration, confusion and dismay. Thank you for any time taken and consideration given to anything I have shared.
Respectfully,

Rock The Vote - 2006 Voter Registration Deadlines
Link Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google