Technorati blog directory

Saturday, October 07, 2006

In Memory of My Nanny

 




My Grandmother never forgot
A birthday card for me
Always before that day

Forty plus years of loving thoughts
From one who was Ninety plus strong
In a card made of paper and print

Delicate messages of praise
My Grandmother never forgot
I already miss next year

My Grandmothers cards will end
She has gone on to another place
Her birthday is on Halloween

The grandchild in me is sad
I love her and miss her
My Grandmother never forgot




1 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

I liked the poem. It made me think of my two grandmothers. One was distant in location only and would always send my card with a stick of Juicy Fruit in it. The other looked after me until her heart attack when my mother was working. She took me to all of her social occasions including the first trial I ever attended which was, of course, not a social occasion.

May Nanny rest in peace knowing that in your heart, she's still here.

October 07, 2006 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google