Technorati blog directory

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Barack Hussein Obama fits right in this list of presidents with Semitic names

 


Jo’s Cafe Week END Wrap Posted By: Jo "I do not like Barack Hussein Obama."
"Actually, the man and his ilk scare me almost more than Mrs. Bill Clinton does."

I agree to disagree with Jo at Jo's Cafe. I do like that Jo.....
1. Born in Minnesota
19. Love Star Trek
10. Roller Skating on Sat nights was the “in thing” to do growing up.
(there is a list of other things that we are similar in.)
Even the movies she likes, I like. So, I think I would enjoy chatting with Jo about everything except politics. Which is usually the case when I like someone simply for their individuality. I will have to read more of Jo's blog to understand why she doesn't like Barack Obama and why she supports John McCain though. Jo seems like a really nice person! by awakening

"Barack Hussein Obama fits right in this list of presidents with Semitic names." by Jual Cole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I may be a little behind the times when it comes to the problem some have with Barack Hussein Obama's name. I did not intend to rush a post(s) about this.

I was curious why some had an issue with Baracks middle name, so curious, I decided to take my time and just read what was being written about the name 'Hussein', listen to news magazine show's and radio show's repeat over and over every time something negative would crop up about Baracks middle name. And always with no end act of educating the audience about the name Hussein.

There has not been really any notable Host advocacy from cable news that have tried to squash the mindless attacks surrounding the name "Hussein,"

Why is it that Americans keep calling into CSPAN to vocalize an ignorant belief that Baracks middle name is some how associated with "Terrorists?"

I was initially amused by this backwards (lack of) thinking. But after all of this time, it is apparent that people who believe that Barack Hussein Obama's name is one to be frightened of, are people that just don't know anyone named Hussein.

People who seem to cling only to names written in the old Dick and Jane school reader we had to tolerate ions ago, are people completely isolated from global reality.

Or, are these people looking for a way to justify their hatred of someone they don't know? And don't want to know? Someone different, someone unlike them, someone with a different mix of family. Someone who bears the mark of diversity.

My name was not a common name in the places I lived after leaving west coast a long time ago. One part of my name marks me culturally and another part of my name is a bit deceiving. A name given me because of a favorite song on the radio in the 1950's. I am now in my 40's and everywhere I go, I usually run into someone with the same first name or middle name.

I however, don't necessarily look like my name. Some days I do and some days I don't. The only way I know this, is the countless times people thought I was something other than I really am and some come right out and ask "What are you?"

Eventually, the name Hussein will become as common as my name, here in America. Barack is also, in my opinion, mixed. He is neither one nor the other. He is mixed like me. But with a few different ingredients than me.

I always wondered when I was young, how long it would take for the entire country (USA) to become completely mixed. My fantasy was for this country to become so 'mixed' that people would no longer have any group to dislike, hate or target. People would be so confused that they would simply leave the hate behind.

I don't know, it was my childhood fantasy and all I knew was my world at the time. I have always acknowledged and embraced all of who I am. But there will always be those that obsess over bloodlines, the world over. I'm for mixing it up even more!

Obama’s Brother in China By ROGER COHEN Op-Ed Columnist NYT March 17, 2008

If Barack Obama becomes the next President of the United States, the majority of the people in this country seem ready to leave hate behind. Healing old wounds to unite 'All' people around the future of the world.

If Hillary Clinton becomes the next President of the United States, the majority of the people of this country seem ready to leave hate behind. Uniting on the ground of equality for 'All' for the future of the world.

Both, Together would the ideal. I won't give up on the Dream Team fantasy. The murky past, a torrid present and the cherished future meeting on the ground of the "United" States of America. by awakening

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Obama should be proud to be named Hussein Feb. 28, 2008 By Juan Cole at Salon

"In Cincinnati, Bill Cunningham, according to the Los Angeles Times, introducing presidential candidate John McCain at a rally Tuesday, "ridiculed Democratic contender Barack Obama"

"Barack Obama's middle name is in honor of his grandfather, Hussein, a secular resident of Nairobi, Kenya."

Interesting Report on Obama's Mother from .Common Sense 03-14-08
Complements what one learns from "Dreams From My Father"

Arabic X-Files:Was King Hussein of Jordan a Freemason?? from Egyptian Chronicles Thursday, March 06, 2008

CACHE Edward_ Hussein Winkleman Blog Art politics gossip tough love

Hermenautic Circle blog Hussein Chalayan Wants to Dress You in Lights by Lisa Katayama on 03 Jan 2008

My Name was Hussein Publisher: Boyds Mills Press

The Lebanese Cookbook Hussein Dekmak Publisher: Hippocrene Books

Apostate Son (Paperback) by Robert Hussein (Author)

Informed Comment By Juan Cole"Barack Hussein Obama." It is a name to be proud of. It is an American name. It is a blessed name. It is a heroic name, as heroic and American in its own way as the name of General Omar Nelson Bradley or the name of Benjamin Franklin.

"Barack is a Semitic word meaning "to bless" as a verb or "blessing" as a noun. In its Hebrew form, barak, it is found all through the Bible."

"Gen. Omar Bradley, who bore a Semitic, Muslim first name, and shared it with the second Caliph of Sunni Islam..."

Go to post and video... Iraq Veterans Against the War: ‘Winter Soldier 2008 By: Bill W. Crooks and Liars Sunday, March 16th, 2008

"Mike Prysner’s testimony was particularly revealing (YouTube here & here) about military commanders’ deliberate use of racism as a tool to motivate soldiers to fight and “die to control the market of another country.” (excerpted transcript after the jump)"

"Poor and working people in this country are sent to kill poor and working people in another country to make the rich richer, and without racism soldiers would realize that they have more in common with the Iraqi people than they do with the billionaires who send us to war."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google