Technorati blog directory

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Executive Thumb Game!!!

 
It hit me like a ton of rocks - The Administration, other political power mongers and corporate rulers are playing the thumb game, many of us played as kids. This seems too simple, too creepy and too on target.

I won't list all the "crazy making" items, but it sure feels like they have mastered the game of trying to transfix our attention in a strategically planned direction and then announce in 'restrained glee' or 'complementing criticism' that we are not intelligent enough to make our own decisions or not smart enough to understand, because we listened and followed their thumb.

The Thumb Game goes like this...Hold your thumb up ( thumbs up fist) to some unsuspecting person - safer if its someone you know. Instruct the person - with thumb motion - to "Look Up - Look Down - Look Right - Look Left - Look at my Thumb (they automatically look at your thumb and you say - "Gee Your Dumb!"

I did this to my co-worker today. I was making a point after he asked me if I thought our nations situation would get better soon? He instantly smiled. We both agreed that as long people feel compelled to follow the thumb and allow self esteem to be diverted each time, better times are too far away. It was a good talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google